Western DuPage Special Recreation Association (WDSRA) provides engaging community-based social and recreational programs for individuals of all ages with special needs. Their expert staff is dedicated to making sure every experience is a positive one.
WDSRA Programs are designed similar to traditional park district programs. There is something for every interest including: competitive and recreational athletics, Special Olympics, adaptive sports, music, dance, art, theater, social clubs, camps, trips, special events and more!
Through Inclusion Services, WDSRA offers assistance to any individual with a disability who registers for a park district program from any of our member districts. Assistance varies depending on the needs of the individual and can range from adapting materials to sending support staff. There is no additional cost for participants to receive inclusion services.
Each year, WDSRA is looking for enthusiastic, patient, caring, and dedicated individuals to join their seasonal staff. They offer a wide variety of fun and exciting programs that employees can choose from to match their schedule, abilities and interests.
- Seasonal Support Staff – work as an assistant in a group setting in program like bowling, arts & crafts, Special Olympics
- Seasonal Inclusion Support Staff – work as a 1:1 aide in Park District programs
- Summer Camp Counselor – Day camps run June-August
- Head Instructor/Driver – Leader and Instructor for group programs
- Rec & Roll Head Instructor – adult day program M-F 8:30am – 2:30pm
- Special Olympics Young Athletes Instructor – morning and afternoon sessions during school day
Everyone, regardless of experience, is encouraged to apply online.
For more information about WDSRA, visit their website: https://www.wdsra.com/
Heather Richardson, Support Services Supervisor
Mark Nowak, WDSRA Season Staff