Formerly known as Ecumenical Adult Care of Naperville, the Adult Day Services facility located in the Alfred A. Rubin Riverwalk Community Center has undergone a re-branding as part of a 10 year strategic planning process. In addition to changing the name and logo to Riverwalk Adult Day Services, the mission has been expanded to include a broader adult care. Riverwalk Adult Day Services is committed to providing a safe, social, and stimulating environment for adults in need of daytime care.
In addition to the benefits provided directly to the adults participating in the daytime care, this organization empowers family members and caregivers to work during the day or pursue other activities while their loved ones are cared for by registered nurses and trained staff.
Riverwalk provides an affordable, community-based solution for adults:
- Who cannot be left alone due to mental or physical challenges.
- At risk of falling or in need of help with daily activities.
- With a diagnosis of Alzheimer’s, stroke, Parkinson’s, diabetes, or arthritis.
- Who could benefit from socialization.
- Looking for affordable day services to allow aging at home.
For more information about the services offered, or to volunteer with the organization, visit their website.
Laura Milligan, Executive Director
Marian Stricker, President, Board of Directors