The DuPage Symphony Orchestra(DSO) is a highly accomplished volunteer, community orchestra whose mission is to provide inspiration and cultural enrichment through musical excellence, educational programs, and community outreach.
The DSO is a 501(c)(3) not-for-profit organization that was founded in 1954 with forty-five volunteer musicians. Russell Harvey, the co-founder of the orchestra, led as Music Director for 31 years and Maestra Barbara Schubert joined in 1986. Under her leadership, the DSO has grown to more than 100 highly talented volunteer musicians and now performs its subscription and family concerts at Wentz Concert Hall located on the campus of North Central College.
Your support will help the DuPage Symphony Orchestra continue to serve DuPage County through the arts and expand its crucial mission. Visit the DuPage Symphony Orchestra online to learn more about how you can get involved.
Goals & Objectives
- They inspire people of all ages to develop an appreciation for symphonic music
- Provide accessible, real-life orchestral experiences for area children and students
- Create an outlet for talented musicians to share their passion for music with the community
- They honor the TEAM
- They each CONTRIBUTE and COLLABORATE together to advance the DuPage Symphony Orchestra
- They cherish our COMMUNITY
- They are OPEN and WELCOMING, RESPECTING the full diverse range of backgrounds and experiences of those with whom they interact
- They are committed to EXCELLENCE
- They CONTINUOUSLY STRIVE to be their best and act with INTEGRITY.
Don Potoczny, President of the Board of Directors
More from Spotlight
Watch more interviews with local nonprofit organizations serving the Naperville area.