100+ Women Who Care is a Giving Circle of women who are passionate about making their community a better place for all.
The process works like this:
1. The group meets four times a year–on the 3rd Tuesday of the month–at Suparossa Restaurant in Woodridge.
2. At each meeting, three nonprofit organizations are nominated by members of 100+ Women Who Care. Only local organizations with 501(c)3 (tax deductible) status are nominated. Each of the three nominating members is then allowed time to present information about the organization she has nominated and explain why she believes it is worthy of the member’s donations. Other members in attendance then ask whatever questions they may have.
3. By secret ballot, each member then votes for the organization to which she believes we should donate. Ballots are then counted and the organization to which we will donate is chosen by plurality.
4. Each member will then donate $100 to the chosen organization, either by check or online.
5. After all donations are collected, members of 100+ Women Who Care present the donations to the directors of the chosen organization. Those directors must agree not to share names or other
information about any of the individual women in 100+ Women Who Care.
6. Those who can, stay for dinner.
For more information about this giving circle, visit their website.
Palma Aikins, Chapter Leader
Carolyn Wahlskog, Chapter Member, Recent Recipient