The Naperville Park District is reminding people to practice social distancing due to coronavirus outside as well.
Practice Social Distancing
While parks can help boost health and wellness during this time where everyone is being asked to stay at home, the park district has some guidelines for those who are using parks and trails and how you can practice social distancing while outside:
- Don’t use parks or trails if you are showing symptoms of COVID-19.
- Follow the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention’s (CDC) advice on personal hygiene before visiting parks or trials.
- While on trails, warn others of your presence as they pass and step aside to let others pass.
- Follow the CDC’s advice on the recommended size of gatherings like picnics
- Follow CDC’s recommended social distancing of staying six feet away from others
- Prepare for limited access to public restrooms and water fountains.
National Recreation and Park Association
These guidelines are from the National Recreation and Park Association’s Joint Statement on using parks and open space while maintaining social distancing.
Naperville News 17’s Aysha Ashley Househ reports.
If you have a story idea or news tip you want to share, we want to hear from you!
LIKE WHAT YOU SEE?
Get daily hometown news and sports delivered to your inbox!Sign Up Today!