FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Reports to: Executive Director
NCTV17, an award-winning community television station in the western suburbs, is looking for a part-time editor to join the team. This part-time position will primarily be focused on editing shows which are part of the NCTV17 programming line-up. A majority of the editing is in a finishing capacity of adding lower thirds, sponsor information, fixing switching errors and readying the program for distribution on numerous different platforms. In addition, the editor will work with the programming producer to edit together promos for each show where more creative editing skills will be needed. The position is roughly 40 – 60 hours per month.
Primary Responsibilities Include:
- Finishing Editing– getting a studio cut of a program finished with video intro, lower thirds, closing credits, sponsor commercials, etc. for air on Channel 17 and online at NCTV17.com and YouTube
- Upload master files to Cablecast, station’s website and YouTube channel
- Convert mp4 file into mp3 file and upload to station’s Podcast channel
- Creation of 30-:60 second video promos for individual episodes
- Work with NCTV17 producers to complete the projects
The above is not intended to be an exhaustive list of the tasks that may be assigned; rather to give the staff member a general sense of the responsibilities and expectation for his/her position. As the business demands change, so may the essential functions of this position.
- Experienced editor (5+ years of experience) – Adobe Creative Suite a must
- Expertise in Animation a plus
- Exceptional project management skills with eye for detail and strong organizational skills
- Outstanding time management skills with ability to effectively juggle priorities
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely; both verbally and in writing
- Team-player: ability to collaboratively interface with the staff
- Self-starter; willing to take initiative and work independently with minimal supervision
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Valid Illinois driver’s license
- 5+ years of professional editing experience either as an in-house editor or freelancer
Interested parties should submit a resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Please put job title in subject line. No phone calls.
NCTV17 provides an equal employment opportunity and harassment free work environment. All employees, full-time, part-time or contract must comply to the equal employment opportunity and harassment policies.
All employment and compensation with NCTV17 is “at will” which means employment can be terminated with or without cause, and with or without notice, at any time, at the option of either NCTV17 or yourself, except as otherwise provided by law.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org