NCTV17, an award-winning community television station in the western suburbs, is looking for a full-time Multi-Media Journalist to join the news team. This position is a great opportunity for eager reporters to hit the ground running and gain valuable experience in the fourth largest city in Illinois.
Job responsibilities for this position include:
- Use a professional video camera, write, and edit news stories for all NCTV17 platforms
- Produce stories from concept to completion on multiple platforms
- Respond to breaking news situations
- Cultivate stories important to our Naperville viewers
- Create interesting social media content across many platforms, including Instagram, Facebook & Twitter
- Create meaningful relationships with local sources and community leaders and positively represent NCTV17 in the community
- Have a passion for community media
- Strong news judgment
- Excellent writing and storytelling skills
- Strong editing skills on Adobe Premiere or other comparable editing software
- Strong camera skills – can use a camera for own news package
- Able to work under tight deadlines
- Strong skills expected in: organization, teamwork, communication, problem solving, and dependability
- 1-3 years of professional experience
- BS/BA in Journalism/Communications/Broadcast
Local candidates preferred. No allowance for relocation.
Compensation: salary plus overtime, health insurance, PTO and SIMPLE IRA
Interested parties should submit a resume, cover letter, and a link to a demo via Indeed. No phone calls.
All employment and compensation with NCTV17 is “at will” which means employment can be terminated with or without cause, and with or without notice, at any time, at the option of either NCTV17 or the employee, except as otherwise provided by law.
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.