FLSA Status: Exempt
Reports to: Sports Directors
A dynamic local sports outlet is looking for a full-time sports anchor/producer who wants to make a difference in the community. NCTV17 is an award-winning community television station in Naperville, Illinois. The candidate will anchor and produce the weekly prep sports show, Naperville Sports Weekly. This position is a great opportunity for a sports journalist who wants to do it all and make an impact in the fourth largest city in the state.
Primary Responsibilities Include:
- Produce weekly half-hour high school sports show – research and book interviews, write script, voice highlights, produce feature stories and special segments weekly
- Anchor weekly show
- Shoot and edit sports highlights
- Create social media content across many platforms including Instagram, Facebook & Twitter
- Work on live sporting events throughout the community, both in the booth and on the field
- Create meaningful relationships with local sources and high school athletic coaches
The above is not intended to be an exhaustive list of the multitude of tasks that may be assigned; rather to give the potential staff member a general sense of the responsibilities and expectation for his/her position. As the business demands change, so may the essential functions of this position.
- On-air anchoring experience
- Writing and storytelling skills
- Producing skills
- Strong camera skills
- Strong editing skills – Premiere or similar programs
- Able to work under tight deadlines
- Strong skills expected in: organization, teamwork, communication, and problem solving
- Has 1-3 years of professional experience
- Flexibility in scheduling and/or assigned work shifts
- Represent Naperville Community Television in the community
- A passion for sports and community media
- BS/BA in Journalism/Communications/Broadcast
- Valid Illinois Class D driver’s license required
- Position is full-time
- Single person health benefits offered and opportunity to purchase family benefits
- PTO and some holidays off
- IRA offered with match up to 3%
Apply through Indeed HERE.
NCTV17 provides an equal employment opportunity and harassment free work environment. See attached company policy for full details. All employees, full-time, part-time or contract must comply to the equal employment opportunity and harassment policies.
All employment and compensation with NCTV17 is “at will” which means employment can be terminated with or without cause, and with or without notice, at any time, at the option of either NCTV or yourself, except as otherwise provided by law.
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.