NCTV17, an award-winning community television station in Naperville, Illinois, is looking for a full-time associate producer/reporter to help lead their news team. This position is a great opportunity for a television news professional who wants to make an impact in the 4th largest city in the state.
Primary Responsibilities Include:
Shift: Wednesday – Sunday – OFF Monday & Tuesday
Associate News Producer
- Work in tandem with news producer to supervise a team of 2 FT reporters and 1 PT reporter
- Review and supervise reporter’s scripts, videos and web posts
- Gather and curate the news for linear channel, website, and social media on a daily basis
- Train and support reporters
- Be part of the rotation to produce and report NCTV17 News Update, a daily news e-blast
- Be prepared to report on a weekly basis as an MMJ taking a story from concept to completion on multiple platforms
- Post and create social media content across many platforms including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and YouTube
- Other responsibilities as determined or assigned
The above is not intended to be an exhaustive list of the multitude of tasks that may be assigned; rather to give the potential staff member a general sense of the responsibilities and expectation for his/her position. As the business demands change, so may the essential functions of this position.
- On-air reporting experience
- Writing and storytelling skills
- WordPress or another web platform
- Producing skills
- Strong camera skills
- Strong editing skills – Premiere or similar program
- Excellent skills in organization, teamwork, communication, and problem solving
- Able to work under tight deadlines
- Flexibility in scheduling and/or assigned work shifts
- Positive community relations; able to represent Naperville Community Television in the community
- BS/BA in Journalism/Communications/Broadcast
- Minimum 1-3 years of professional reporting/producing experience
- Valid Illinois Class D driver’s license required
- Position is full-time
- Single person health benefits offered and opportunity to purchase family benefits
- PTO and some holidays off
- IRA offered with match up to 3%
Local candidates preferred. No relocation funds available.
NCTV17 provides an equal employment opportunity and harassment free work environment. All employees, full-time, part-time or contract must comply to the equal employment opportunity and harassment policies.
All employment and compensation with NCTV17 are “at will” which means employment can be terminated with or without cause, and with or without notice, at any time, at the option of either NCTV17 or yourself, except as otherwise provided by law.
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.