Full-Time – Communications Specialist
FLSA Status: Exempt
Reports to: Community Development Director
NCTV17, an award-winning community television station in the western suburbs, is looking for a full-time Communications Specialist to join the team. The Communications Specialist will work with the Community Development Director to increase awareness of NCTV17 within the community by executing a comprehensive marketing plan as well as developing and executing strategies to support the station’s business development and fundraising goals.
Content Creation and Distribution
- Assist the Community Development Director in the creation of the annual marketing plan.
- Create and distribute engaging digital and non-digital content in support of the annual marketing plan.
- Includes MailChimp emails, WordPress website posts, social media posts, print ads, brochures, press releases, and annual reports, etc.
- Responsible for managing NCTV17’s Google AdWords campaign.
- Write, produce, and distribute both digital and non-digital content designed to increase awareness among prospects of the station’s:
- Business Development Activities such as sponsorships, online advertising, and video production services
- Fundraising activities such as events, donor solicitation, Giving Tuesday, and capital campaigns
- Assist in the writing of Grant applications or Industry Award applications.
- Manage scheduling system for all Sponsor commercials, ads, and logos within the station’s shows and website according to their individual client sales contract.
- Schedule and deliver all of NCTV17’s marketing communication to external media channels as well as internal platforms.
- Responsible for producing reports each month that monitor progress of the station’s website, social media channels, and email distribution system.
- Provide insights on data collected to optimize both reach and engagement and address any issues.
The above is not intended to be an exhaustive list of the tasks that may be assigned; rather to give the staff member a general sense of the responsibilities and expectation for his/her position. As the business demands change, so may the essential functions of this position.
Core Competencies Required:
- Excellent writing skills with experience in creating social media posts, sales materials, press releases, etc.
- Strong graphic design skills with experience using basic design software such as Canva
- Strong analytic skills with experience using Google Analytics to provide insights that drive action
- Extensive knowledge of how to distribute marketing content across all social media platforms
- Knowledge of, and experience with, creating and managing a Google AdWords account
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with frequently changing variables
- Strong communications skills, including face-to-face as well as through written emails
- Exceptionally well organized, detail-oriented and self-motivated
- High level of proficiency with both Microsoft Office and Google Office suites
- Bachelor’s Degree in marketing, communication or public relations
- Google Analytics Certified
- Google AdWords Certified
- Valid Illinois driver’s license
- 2+ years of professional experience
- Prior media agency experience preferred
Interested parties should submit a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please put job title in subject line. No phone calls.
NCTV17 provides an equal employment opportunity and harassment free work environment. See attached company policy for full details. All employees, full-time, part-time or contract must comply to the equal employment opportunity and harassment policies.
All employment and compensation with NCTV17 is “at will” which means employment can be terminated with or without cause, and with or without notice, at any time, at the option of either NCTV or yourself, except as otherwise provided by law.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com