The Naperville Men’s Glee Club presents Christmas Presence 2021 at Knox Presbyterian Church. The Christmas music celebration delighted young and old alike and featured holiday favorites, audience participation, and even a visit from the Grinch!
Christmas Presence 2021 Line Up:
- Betelehemu Nigerian Christmas Song by Via Olatunji; Arr. Wendell Whalum
- Brightest and Best Southern Harmony (1835); Arr. Shawn Kirchner Andreanna Moravec, violin
- Ave Maria (Angelus Domini) Franz Biebl Dave Mueller, Stuart Anderson, and Timothy Stacy, chants
- Rich Ryan, Steven Schroeder, Jr., and Don Vasich, trio
- In the First Light Bob Kauflin Self-Direction
- There Is Faint Music Dan Forrest
- Mary Had a Baby William L. Dawson Rich Ryan, solo
- Steven Schroeder, Jr., conductor
- Rise Up, Shepherd, and Follow Spiritual; Arr. John Leavitt
- Jingle Medley Johnny Marks, Joe Beal, and Jim Boothe Andreanna Moravec, violin; Melanie Brsan Villaseñor, piano
- Sleigh Ride Leroy Anderson; Arr. Hawley Ades ` Children of the Audience, guest percussion and sound effects
- Youʼre a Mean One, Mr. Grinch Albert Hague; Arr. Jeff Funk Timothy Stacy, solo
- Dance of the Sugar-Plum Fairy Peter Ilyich Tchaikovsky; Arr. Jeff Funk
- The Holly and the Ivy 18-Century English Carol; Arr. Kirby Shaw Silver Lining
- Rudolf, the Red-Nosed Reindeer Johnny Marks Melanie Brsan Villaseñor and Timothy Stacy, piano duet
- A Family Christmas Spectacular Douglas E. Wagner Go Where I Send Thee! Gospel Spiritual; Arr. Paul Caldwell and Sean Ivory
- Let There Be Peace on Earth Sy Miller and Jill Jackson; Arr. Craig Courtney Gary Leavenworth, solo; Andreanna Moravec, violin
- Silent Night Franz Xavier Gruber; Arr. Mark Hayes Steve Schuette, solo
About the Naperville Men’s Glee Club
Naperville Men’s Glee Club (NMGC) has been making music and serving both the Naperville community and the State of Illinois for more than 30 years. NMGC seeks to inspire audiences, nurture youth in music appreciation, support community events, and provide fellowship for men of all ages.
Naperville Men’s Glee Club established a repertoire, capability, reputation, and esprit that continues to earn recognition within national collegiate and choral music communities. NMGC is also an established leader among regional, community men’s choruses. While fellowship and fun are key aspects of their mission, NMGC members are serious about musicianship and strive for excellence in all activities and engagements.
The Naperville Men’s Glee Club believes “through music we come together, we inspire joy, we experience a sense of well-being, and we provide a channel for feelings that may otherwise never be shared.”