- iDuPage County Votes Postpone Discussions on HB3653
At the latest DuPage County Board meeting the group discussed a resolution that would recommend to Governor J.B. Pritzker to veto HB3653.
- iUnprecedented Feedback for New Islamic Center of Naperville
There was an unprecedented amount of feedback for the proposed Islamic Center of Naperville at 3540 248th Ave at last night’s P&Z meeting.
- iCouncil Votes Down Resolution Calling for House Bill Veto
Naperville City Council voted down a resolution that would ask the governor to veto a criminal justice reform bill due to the process by which it was passed.
- iNaperville Police Respond to Carjacking on East Bailey Road
The Naperville Police Department responded to a carjacking that happened today at the 400 block of East Bailey Road at around 1:55 p.m.
- i‘World’s First’ AI-Based Robotic Restaurant Coming To Naperville
The ‘world’s first’ artificial intelligence robotic restaurant is coming to Naperville. The revolutionarily business is set to open in April.
- iFunding for Seniors’ Meals on Wheels Program is Behind
Funding for the Meals on Wheels program has been delayed, causing deliveries to around 175 DuPage County seniors to be put on hold.
- iSchmaltz Deli Offering Free Cups of Soup to Those in Need
Schmaltz Delicatessan is offering free cups of soup to those in need every Monday from 5-7 p.m. through February 22.
- iWhat to Know and How to Protect Yourself from Unemployment Fraud
Here’s what to know and how to protect yourself from unemployment fraud, as similar crimes are happening across the state.
- iLeague of Women Voters Holds Virtual “Conversation About Privilege”
Every month in 2021, the League of Women Voters of Naperville is holding “Living Room Conversations” virtual events. The events aim to have in depth discussion about current issues facing society.
- iLocal Democrat Lawmakers React to Biden Inauguration
As Joe Biden was sworn in as the 46th President of the United States, Naperville’s local politicians shared their thoughts on the inauguration.
- iDuPage County to Return to ‘Near Normal’ in The Summer
DuPage County Chairman Dan Cronin said this morning he believes the county will be returning to “near normal” in the summer.
- iDistrict 203 Students Back to In-Person Learning Since March
District 203 students heard the sound of a school bell ringing for the first time today since March as they started the first day of hybrid.
- iD204’s $1.5 Million Voluntary COVID-19 Monitoring System
District 204 board members approved giving the district up to $1.5 million for their voluntary COVID-19 monitoring system.
- iNorth Central College Starts New Saliva-Based COVID Testing
North Central College is starting 2021 with a new partnership in the fight against COVID-19, and a cutting edge saliva based COVID test.
- iD204’s First Day Of In-Person Learning Since March
Some students in Indian Prairie School District 204 were back for in-person learning for the first time since last March.
- iD204’s New Metrics To Decide Whether To Say in Remote
As D204 makes the transition from remote learning to a hybrid-learning model next week, they’re looking at new metrics to make the switch.
- iMore Details About District 203’s Transition to Hybrid Learning
District 203 said they are still on track to transition to hybrid learning for all students starting the week of January 25.
- iCatholic Schools’ In-Person Learning Successful So Far
Local private schools are having success with full-time in-person learning several months into the school year.
- iVaccine Rollout Website Unveiled by Gov. J.B. Pritzker
Vaccine rollout for Phase 1B is underway in Illinois and Governor J.B. Pritzker has unveiled a new portal for vaccination information.
- iDuPage, Will Counties Eyeing Move to Vaccination Phase 1b
Both of Naperville’s counties, DuPage and Will, are anticipating moves into Phase 1b of Illinois’ COVID-19 vaccination plan.
- iIHSA Remains on Pause; Hopes to Return in February
The IHSA announced that the winter athletic season will remain on pause through at least the rest of the month, with hopes of returning to play in February.
- iNorth Central College Returns to Athletics January 23
North Central has announced a return to athletics, starting January 23 with men’s and women’s basketball, wrestling and girls bowling.
- iIHSA Announces Badminton Moves Seasons; Contact Days Established
The IHSA announced the girls’ badminton season will be moved, approved contact days and next plans to meet to discuss the remaining schedule.