- iNaperville Police Respond to Carjacking on East Bailey Road
The Naperville Police Department responded to a carjacking that happened today at the 400 block of East Bailey Road at around 1:55 p.m.
- i‘World’s First’ AI-Based Robotic Restaurant Coming To Naperville
The ‘world’s first’ artificial intelligence robotic restaurant is coming to Naperville. The revolutionarily business is set to open in April.
- iIllinois Lawmakers Respond to Storming of U.S. Capitol
Illinois lawmakers react after a crowd of protesters stormed the Capitol, with Governor Pritzker calling for President Donald Trump to be impeached and removed.
- iNaperville Teen Holds Holiday Band-Aid Bash
15-year-old Rachel Boudeman of Naperville delivered hundreds of fun Band-Aids, toys and gift cards to Northwestern Medicine Central DuPage Hospital in Winfield. It’s her way of giving back after being a patient at the hospital during Christmas when she was a toddler.
- iSunnyside Naperville, The City’s Third Cannabis Dispensary, Opens
Sunnyside Naperville is the city’s third cannabis dispensary to open this year, putting Naperville at its cap.
- iNorth Central College Hosts MLK Virtual Vision Day
North Central College continued its tradition to honor Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. by hosting a virtual MLK Virtual Vision Day event.
- iUnited for Peace Coalition Hosts Virtual MLK Panel Discussion
The United for Peace Coalition hosted a panel discussion in honor of Martin Luther King Jr. with elected officials, law enforcement and more.
- iNaperville North Students Build Race Car with Help from NASCAR
With limited on-campus activities available, a Naperville North teacher thought rebuilding a car would be a fun project for students.
- i2021 IMUA Scholarship Open for High School Seniors
The City of Naperville and the Illinois Municipal Utilities Association (IMUA) have partnered up to provide the 2021 IMUA Scholarship.
- iCity to Partner with Loaves & Fishes for Utility Assistance Program
Naperville City Council will consider bringing on Loaves & Fishes as a city partner to help manage delinquent utility accounts.
- iNaperville North Junior Receives Youngarts Foundation Award
Naperville North High School junior, Nicholas Boettcher, received a 2021 National Youngarts Foundation award in Classical Music Performance.
- iNeuqua Students Provide Free Online Peer Tutoring with KidsTeachKids+
A group of Neuqua Valley students started KidsTeachKids+ – free online tutoring to help their peers with the challenges of remote learning.
- iD204’s New Metrics To Decide Whether To Say in Remote
As D204 makes the transition from remote learning to a hybrid-learning model next week, they’re looking at new metrics to make the switch.
- iMore Details About District 203’s Transition to Hybrid Learning
District 203 said they are still on track to transition to hybrid learning for all students starting the week of January 25.
- iCatholic Schools’ In-Person Learning Successful So Far
Local private schools are having success with full-time in-person learning several months into the school year.
- iDistrict 203 “On Track” To Begin Hybrid Learning January 25
In a letter to parents, Naperville School District 203 Superintendent Dan Bridges said the district is “on track” to begin hybrid learning on January 25, 2021.
- iD204 Hopes To Have Students In Hybrid Model By Feb. 1
D204 said they’d be transitioning to a hybrid model on January 19. All students enrolled in the hybrid model will be in class by Feb. 1.
- iD204 School To Start Hybrid Transition on January 19
District 204 schools will start their hybrid transition on January 19. That week some early grades will start in-person instruction.
- iDistrict 204 To Move All Students To Full Remote Learning
Indian Prairie School District 204 will move all students to full remote learning beginning Monday, November 23 and lasting through Friday, January 15.
- iCOVID-19 Vaccines Distribution In DuPage & Will Counties
It’s been about three weeks since the state of Illinois first distributed COVID-19 vaccines to DuPage and Will Counties.
- iPritzker: Mitigations to lift Jan. 15 in Regions Under Threshold
Regions with metrics falling under the thresholds provided in Tier 3 mitigations will return to Phase 4 of the Restore Illinois Plan on January 15
- iEdward Hospital Workers Receive Pfizer COVID-19 Vaccine
Today 377 Pfizer COVID-19 vaccinations were scheduled at Edward Hospital. The first to get vaccinated was Respiratory Therapist Andy Dhanoa.
- iIHSA Remains on Pause; Hopes to Return in February
The IHSA announced that the winter athletic season will remain on pause through at least the rest of the month, with hopes of returning to play in February.
- iNorth Central College Returns to Athletics January 23
North Central has announced a return to athletics, starting January 23 with men’s and women’s basketball, wrestling and girls bowling.
- iIHSA Announces Badminton Moves Seasons; Contact Days Established
The IHSA announced the girls’ badminton season will be moved, approved contact days and next plans to meet to discuss the remaining schedule.
- iDistricts 203 and 204 Postpone Winter Basketball Season
Prep basketball will not be played in districts 203 or 204 after both announce they have sided with Governor Pritzker and the IDPH.