- iCity of Naperville Mulling Nichols Library Parking Deck
At the Naperville Library Board meeting on Wednesday, city officials sought input on the building of a parking deck at Nichols Library.
- iShelter Use Rises In Greater Naperville Area Amid Pandemic Related Hardship
The pandemic has brought increases in shelter use in Chicago’s neighboring counties, but some COVID-19 mitigation strategies have shown benefits.
- iNaperville PD Begins Year-Round Child Safety Seat Inspections And Education
The Naperville Police Department is helping parents and caregivers correctly install their child’s safety seat, and teaching them how to do it themselves.
- iNaperville Planning And Zoning Approves Revised Land Use Master Plan
The Naperville Planning and Zoning Commission unanimously approved a new Land Use Master Plan that features three residential zone sub-categories.
- iCronin Says DuPage County Future Bright at State of the County Address
Chairman Dan Cronin gave his annual State of the County address Wednesday during a multi-chamber luncheon, put on by Chamber 630 at the Westin Chicago Lombard.
- iExchange Club Of Naperville’s Ribfest May Move To Wheaton
The Exchange Club of Naperville’s Ribfest may be moving to the DuPage County Fairgrounds in Wheaton this year.
- iNaperville Coffeehouse Brews Up Opportunities for Adults With Developmental Disabilities
Awesome Life Academy and Phoenix Coffee House are brewing up opportunities for those with developmental disabilities.
- iJuneteenth Celebration Planned for Naperville in 2022
A local group, Naperville Neighbors United, is planning to launch an inaugural Juneteenth celebration at Rotary Hill this summer.
- iFree Online Game Provides Drug Prevention Education
Two companies partnered up to create a game to educate students on the dangers of substance abuse and prevention methods available to use.
- iNaperville Husband to Donate Kidney for Wife’s Second Transplant
When Paul knew his wife needed a kidney transplant, he didn’t hesitate to get tested. And it turned out the Naperville couple is a match.
- iMom Starts Pediatric Cancer Charity After Daughter Treated from Neuroblastoma
After her daughter was treated from neuroblastoma, one mother founded an Illinois non-profit, Love Smiles to help other families.
- iD204 Board Approves Boundary Adjustments And Grandfathering Option
The Indian Prairie School District 204 board approved new boundary adjustments and a grandfathering option after months of discussion.
- iBenedictine Monks Separate From Benet Academy After Hire of Coach In Same-Sex Marriage
The Benedictine monks that govern Benet Academy has announced they will separate from the school, months after the hiring of a coach that is in a same-sex marriage.
- iD204 Reveals Admin Boundary Proposal And Grandfathering Option
IPSD 204 officials revealed an administration recommended boundary proposal and a potential grandfathering option at Monday’s board meeting.
- iDistrict 204 Updated Boundary Concepts Address Community Concerns
The latest updates to the IPSD204 boundary concept maps address a number of community concerns, including the removal of all proposed school closures.
- iNaperville School District 203 Approves New Contract with NESPA
The Naperville District 203 board approved a new, three-year contract with the Naperville Education Support Professionals Association (NESPA).
- iInside Look at School Safety in Naperville, Aurora Schools
School safety and student mental health were the focus of a panel discussion featuring officials from District 203 and District 204.
- iStudents Call For Increased Mental Health Awareness At District 204
Six Neuqua Valley High School students called for increased mental health awareness within their school at a recent board meeting.
- iNESPA Rally, Negotiations with District 203 “Move in the Right Direction”
NESPA union members rallied yesterday ahead of the Naperville School District 203 board meeting amid negotiations for a new contract.
- iEdward Hospital President and CEO Addresses Latest COVID-19 Surge
Edward Hospital’s President and CEO Joe Dant provided an update on what it’s like at the hospital during the latest COVID-19 surge.
- iCommunity Town Hall Addresses COVID-19 Questions and Concerns
The DuPage County Health Equity and Access Response Team (HEART) hosted community town hall “Testing Positive with COVID-19: Now What?”
- iEdward-Elmhurst Health and NorthShore University HealthSystem Merger Finalized
The merger between Edward-Elmhurst Health and NorthShore University HealthSystem has been finalized, creating the third largest health system in Illinois.
- iNaperville Fry Family YMCA And Other Locations To Require Proof Of Vaccination
The Naperville Fry Family YMCA and 13 other Chicago area YMCA locations will require proof of COVID-19 vaccination for anyone five and older.
- iNew COVID-19 Restrictions in Place at Edward-Elmhurst Health Facilities
As COVID-19 cases rise in the area, Edward-Elmhurst Health (EEH) is implementing new protocols for entering its facilities, effective today.
- iLocal Health Experts Give Guidance on Holiday Gatherings as COVID-19 Metrics Rise
DuPage County health experts are raising awareness about potential threats to public health as people look to gather for the holidays amid rising COVID-19 metrics.
- iDr. Robert Bell’s “Doc Football” Celebrates 20 Years
Dr. Robert Bell and his Doc Football recess program was honored for 20 years of success at Nancy Young Elementary with a staff vs. students football game!
- iNaperville Central on Probation Following IHSA Investigation
The Naperville Central Athletic Department is being placed under probation after the discovery of consistent improper paperwork procedures following an IHSA investigation.
- iNaperville Born Setter and Central Soccer Alum Shine in Tokyo
Naperville Born Setter shines in Team USA upset in Women’s Volleyball over presumed gold-medal favorite China in 2020 Tokyo Olympics.
- iNaperville Central Soccer Star Joins USWNT in Tokyo, Japan
Naperville Central soccer star, Casey Short 08′ Krueger, is in Toyko, Japan for the Olympics after joining the USWNT’s active roster.
- iNaperville Central Football Violates IHSA Bylaws, Vacates Wins
Naperville Central Football is vacating 17 wins from the last three years after having been found violating IHSA transfer bylaws.
- i100-Mile Bike Race Raises Awareness & Money for Autism Therapy
Spectrum Racing partnered with The Autism Therapy Group to host a 100-mile bike race in an effort to raise awareness for autism therapy.
- iState Tournament Returns for Boys Lacrosse and Volleyball
The IHSA announced that both boys lacrosse and boys volleyball will join the other spring sports by holding a full state tournament in 2021.