- iNaperville Discusses Racism And Implicit Bias at Focus 203
At Naperville District 203’s Focus 203 event, community members discussed racism and implicit bias.
- i“Racist Language” Used at Metea Valley High School Event
Metea principal notifies parents student used “racist language” when entering their name into online display at a Democratic debate viewing event at the school.
- iKroehler Mansion Okayed for Demolition, Council Will Explore Other Options First
Naperville City Council gave Little Friends the go-ahead to demolish the Kroehler Mansion, but also asked staff to explore ways to keep the building.
- iNaperville Central Students Disciplined After Racist Post
A racially-insensitive post recently surfaced from Naperville Central High School which showed a black student with the caption, “Slave for Sale (NAPERVILLE).”
- iJeopardy James Returns For $1 Million Primetime Playoff
Naperville native James Holzhauer to return to Jeopardy! again – this time in a multi-night, primetime event on ABC, facing 2 other legendary players.
- iStreetscape Work Could Push Last Fling to New Location
The Last Fling could be forced to move to a new Naperville location if Downtown Streetscape Improvement plans are delayed.
- iNaperville Cardiac Arrest Survivors Meet Their Rescuers
The inaugural Naperville Fire Department ‘Survivors Banquet’ gave community members who suffered cardiac arrest the opportunity to meet their rescuers.
- iButterball Expert Shows How To Cook The Perfect Turkey
During the holidays, the phone lines at Butterball Turkey Talk-Line will receive over 100,000 calls on how to cook the perfect turkey.
- iPark District & D204 Team Up For A Reunification Center
The Naperville Park District recently approved the Fort Hill Activity Center to be a reunification center for school District 204.
- iKidsMatter Digital Leader Summit Helps Students Be Leaders Online
Teaching online safety is an important part of a child’s education. KidsMatter took that one step further in teaching students to be leaders in the digital world at their annual Digital Leader Summit.
- iHigh School Student Has a New Way To Detect Dementia
High school student Prathik Senthil’s app REFOCUS, uses eye-tracking technology to test if a person might be at risk of developing dementia.
- iOvercoming Early Paralysis Through Wheelchair Basketball
Overcoming early paralysis through wheelchair basketball, Drew Beutel is hardly confined to a wheelchair after being diagnosed with transverse myelitis.
- iDallon McKinster: Young Goalie Shines on International Stage
Naperville resident Dallon McKinster is one of only eight elite goalies his age in the state of Illinois.