Naperville Little League Baseball (NLLB) offers children ages 7 (must be in at least 1st grade) to 12 years old within School Districts 203 & 204 the opportunity to participate in the sport of baseball. Their goal: through proper guidance and exemplary leadership, NLLB will assist children in developing the qualities of citizenship, discipline, teamwork and physical well-being.
By espousing the virtues of character, courage and loyalty, the Little League Baseball program is designed to develop superior citizens rather than superior athletes. To that end, they provide:
- The Positive Coaching Alliance training series for all coaches.
- On-field training sessions for all players and a series of coaching clinics for new and experienced coaches; both presented by professionals from the Bulls Sox Academy.
- Professional training videos on their website provided by the MLB Chicago White Sox.
- A program for mentally / physically challenged players.
- The opportunity for Naperville youth to learn responsibility and earn compensation as umpires.
Last year, more than 1,350 players played on 110 teams during the regular season on baseball fields in 15 local parks.
For more information about the league as well as sponsor opportunities, visit their website: nllb.org
Ethan Moore, Manager, NLLB
Jake Moore, Player, NLLB