Naperville Community Television, a 501(c)(3) organization, is looking for a part-time Finance/HR Manager. The ideal candidate is highly organized and detailed oriented with a strong work ethic and good communication skills. Bachelor’s degree required in Accounting, Finance or Business Administration. CPA preferred. Minimum of 5 years of professional experience in Accounting or Finance required. Experience in a not-for-profit environment a plus.
- Oversee and maintain financial accounting systems for cash management, accounts payable, accounts receivable, credit control, and petty cash and maintain the Chart of Accounts
- Supervise and reconcile A/R and A/P transactions and ensure station’s cash flow is adequate to meet its commitments
- Log Payroll in QuickBooks
- Reconcile bank accounts, credit cards, investment accounts and journal entries each month
- Manage relationship with Banking/Investment institutions
- Record Fixed Assets and depreciation
- Prepare monthly financial statements including the Profit & Loss and Balance Sheet
- Assist in development of the annual budget and any forecasting reports needed
- Coordinate all required federal and state tax filings with retained Auditor
- Coordinate annual audit with retained Auditor
- Remit sales tax returns to the government for all sales (i.e. DVDs)
- Process all employee hires and terminations and coordinate onboarding for new employees and end of employment procedures for departing employees
- Liaison with City of Naperville personnel with regards to insurance benefits and premium payments
- Administer payroll via ADP and employee benefits relative to payroll (i.e. paid time off, health insurance and disability, Simple IRA, expense reimbursements, etc.) and manage relationship with external payroll vendor
- Comply with local, state, and federal government reporting requirements including 1099 distribution and ACA reporting regulations
- Research and manage all business insurance plans
- Assist with development of personnel policies as requested
- Develop and maintain standards for personnel file maintenance, assuring that legal requirements are met (e.g., I-9 forms, W-4’s, salary increases)
Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance or business administration required and CPA or CPA candidate preferred. The ideal candidate will have strong familiarity with not-for-profit GAAP and the ability to consistently apply these principals in practice.
- QuickBooks experience – preferably not-for-profit version
- Knowledge of regulatory requirements
- Experience with ADP payroll processing
- Expert in MS Office products
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, verbally and in writing, in English
- Must be able to keep station matters strictly confidential
- Self-starter with the ability to independently manage multiple projects and meet deadlines
- Strong attention to detail and ability to research
- 5 years professional experience in Accounting or Finance
- NFP experience a plus
HOURS AND COMPENSATION
- Part-time. Approximately 12-14 hours/week. Combination of in-office and remote.
- Compensation based on experience
Interested parties should submit a resume, and cover letter. Please put job title in subject line. No phone calls.
NCTV17 provides an equal employment opportunity and harassment free work environment. See attached company policy for full details. All employees, full-time, part-time or contract must comply to the equal employment opportunity and harassment policies.
All employment and compensation with NCTV17 is “at will” which means employment can be terminated with or without cause, and with or without notice, at any time, at the option of either NCTV or yourself, except as otherwise provided by law.